Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Update....

So many many things have happened since the last update. Here is just a quick list:

  • Kindergarten Graduation and the end of school
  • Our Sea World trip
  • Wreck and the demise of the little blue car
  • Summer School with 3rd graders
  • Car Searching
The main one in there was the wreck. Monday I was really nervous about teaching 3rd grade summer school, so I left pretty early. Well about half way to school (right before Hidenhimer for you locals) a lady turned into the car in front of me. They hit, spun and then the lady who caused the wreck hit me. I didn't feel the impact. I was swerving to get out of the way of the wreck when I saw my side mirror fall down. (I thought I had been hit by debris or maybe a little bit by them) I didn't look at my car when I pulled over. I grabed my phone and ran down to the accident. It was so nice how everyone pulled together to help these people out. I was on the phone with 911 while three nurses stopped and helped the lady who caused it. (She wasn't stuck in her car but she couldn't get out b/c she was having really bad chest and neck pains) The guy she hit got out of his car and was limping around ranting about how mad he was. Meanwhile the rest of us just waited for emergency personell to get there. What seemed like forever later.... three firetrucks showed up (Rogers, Academy, and Temple) two ambulamnces from Scot and White, and two state troppers who I got to talk to alot since I was the only whitness as to what really happened. While the EMS people were taking care of the two ingured, the cop came over and asked me what I saw. I told him, and he asked if I was hit.... I said my mirror was knocked down but that I hadn't really looked at my car and that I didn't think it was bad b/c I didn't feel an impact. So, he walked down to my car with me and we loooked. Well, I was hit! The front passenger side (up by the tire) is all pushed in and I can't open my passenger door. It was drivable (I drove it to school that day and home, and now Eric is driving it untill we either get a rental or a new one) But it will most likely be totalled b/c the damage would cost more than my car is worth. So after all that.... we are now talking to the insurance companies to see what will come of this and meanwhile we are looking for a new car. The good thing is that we were planning to do this soon so we have been saving up for it.... but we were enjoying the fact that we had time to look.

Other than that... our Sea World weekend was full of fun and excitment. It didn't go exactly as planned but we have some really fun memories :) Another good bit of news is that I have survived 3 days with third graders. They aren't as scarey as I thought but it is different. Every time we walk somewhere I automatically put my hand down for someone to hold it, but then I have to remind myselft that they are too old for that. (it makes me miss my kids) I have defiantly had to do trial and error this week to see where these kids really are. I have one that can't read much at all, and the rest can read but they are either not interested in it, or the readings are too challanging so they give up. I really want to help them these three weeks that I have them.... I just really feel like a new teacher again. It's been a blow to my self esteem but I am learning. It's also nice getting off at 12:00!

Well that's it for now... I hope that the rest of this week will be a bit clamer. I'll update on the car search if anything exciting happens. We wouldn't mind prayer request while we look. We don't want to take out a loan... so we have a limit that we can't go over. I know that the Lord will provide though. Thanks everyone for the support when the wreck happens.... I know I am blessed!

Here's a pic from Sea World and the Alamo:

No comments:

Post a Comment