Here is our bedroom when we first moved in. I found some frames at garage sales and goodwill and spray painted them. The green curtains were up in our rent house and well.. other than the bed that's all that was in there.
I know... boring... bad... blah!
So once summer got here and I was ready to pull out my hair from boredom, Eric so sweetly agreed to do this with me. Well I guess "with me" doesn't exactly describe what happened.. see I love coming up with the ideas and "vision" (as Eric calls it) but I'm not super patient. Eric is the one who will slow me down and measure and plan and practice so that everything looks really good.
We painted the whole room the lighter color first. After which I FREAKED out thinking it was way too light... again, me not being patient and trusting my instincts. About a week later we were ready to start taping the stripes.
We started on a Saturday morning and grossly underestimated how much time it would take to tape the stripes. When we started (about 8:30) Eric said "lets plan on taping till lunch then paint after that." HA!!! We didn't start painting till about 8:30 that night and didn't finish till about midnight. (which by the way, when did we get so old? In college I remember hanging out on the mino's talegate till WAY later than midnight!)
So we started from the bottom. We measured, leveled, marked then taped all the way around the room. Until we had all the stripes.
Yeah... Gus wasn't much help. And he couldn't understand why he had to stay in the hall
We used the new frog tape. They advertise that it creates a "bond" or "seal" on the wall to give you better lines. I really think it did, we barely had any bleeding through.
So... fast forward 16 hours of taping and painting and then a week or so of styling the rest of the room. Here is our new room. (side note: the stripes look pink or a rose-ish color but they are different tones of gray)
I'm still looking to add some throw pillows to the bed. But well, I'm cheap and am holding out for a sale, or maybe making my own.
I found the new bedding at Target. Every girls favorite place! Curtains and picture are IKEA and the lamps are Ross.
I was so excited about this chair! I gave myself a certain budget for a chair and just wasn't finding many options in that budget. Everything I was seeing was armless and I wanted something a bit more functional. I headed to IKEA expecting to buy their cheapest slip covered chair in the cheapest color, white. It wasn't very comfy, but I was going to get it, to not go over my budget. As I passed the "as is" room I saw this beauty. It was there because it was a floor model and had a few little spots that were discolored. It was about $200 off and fit just a bit above my set price range. SCORE! Oh, and it barely fit in my car, but we made it work!
This was a pinterest idea. I love it! I know it's pretty cheesy but Eric and I have actually been writing little notes back and forth to each other. And it's so nice since I am normally still asleep when he leaves in the morning right now, so it's nice to wake up to a sweet note from the one I love. We have had a few others use it to write sweet notes to both of us. (thanks Grandma J)
These are either sides of the beds. I didn't want to put too many things up since the stripes are really the focus. I just reused some of the frames and pictures from before, and that mirror was a $2 garage sale find that I repainted.
I'm still searching for a dresser or some sort of bookshelf to put between the bathroom and closet. I'm thinking in the near future we will want to put a tv in our room and I need something to put it on. Plus, I've got an empty wall to fill right now.
So there it is. I am totally in love! Which is good, because Eric said he's not re-doing this and it's not changing any time soon!
Hope you guys enjoyed our little project :)
-Bon
No comments:
Post a Comment